2023 will mark the final chapter in the long history of Germany’s legendary Thrash Metal act Holy Moses, celebrated with the bands upcoming new studio album “Invisible Queen”, out on April 14th, 2023, and a last run of live shows.
Today Holy Moses release their first single including a music video clip for the title track, “Invisible Queen”, which says it all. Sabina Classen is the first and longest standing female thrash vocalist – The Queen of Thrash. However, she is a well-kept secret of the metal scene, never basking in the limelight of mainstream glory. She is nevertheless famous, especially to the old school metal scene and even to the bands in the current mainstream.
“Invisible Queen” has a double meaning; Sabina herself says: ”I’m going to disappear into the void and I’m proud of what I’ve been able to accomplish with Holy Moses since 1981. I never could have imagined that I would travel across most of the world with my high school band and eventually leave with such a clear statement, as I have with this album. This title-track was tailored for me by my guitarist Pete. The lyrics are self-explanatory and is one of the heaviest songs on the album; it is pure, unadulterated thrash”. Of course, this song will be part of the live set for the “Final Reign Tour” in 2023. All hail the Invisible Queen during her Final Reign!!
Watch the video for “Invisible Queen” below.
Today, Holy Moses also kick off the pre-sale for the album “Invisible Queen”, which will be released on the following formats:
• 1-CD Jewelcase
• 2-CD Digipak incl. 12-Track Bonus CD “Invincible Friends”
• 1-LP in red/black marbled (lt. 500 pieces) and white/black marbled (ltd. 500 pieces)
At the Atomic Fire Records Webshop you can get a strictly limited – 200 pieces – boxset incl. the 2-CD digipak, a flag with the cover art, logo-patch, lanyard and a signed foto-card by all members.
Pre-order “Invisible Queen” here.
1. Downfall of Mankind
2. Cult of the Machine
3. Order Out of Chaos
4. Invisible Queen
5. Alternative Reality
6. The New Norm
7. Visions in Red
9. Forces Great and Hidden
10. Too Far Gone
12. Through the Veils of Sleep
On the CD bonus album “Invincible Friends” you get all album tracks in special versions, featuring various well-known guest singers.
01. Downfall of Mankind (feat. Marloes Voskuil – Haliphron)
02. Cult of the Machine (feat. Bobby Ellsworth – Overkill)
03. Order Out of Chaos (feat. Diva Satanica – ex-Nervosa / Bloodhunter)
04. Invisible Queen (feat. Ingo Bajonczak – Assassin / Bonded)
05. Alternative Reality (feat. Tom Angelripper – Sodom)
06. The New Norm (feat. Chris Staubach – Courageous)
07. Visions in Red (feat. Rægina – Dæmonesq)
08. Outcasts (feat. Leif Jensen – Dew-Scented)
09. Forces Great and Hidden (feat. Gerre – Tankard)
10. Too Far Gone (feat. Jens Kidman – Meshuggah)
11. Depersonalized (feat. Daniela Karrer – Headshot)
12. Through the Veils of Sleep (feat. Ryker’s)
“My farewell album for the ‘Final Reign Tour’ contains everything that made Holy Moses special in the past 43 years. Vocally, I was overflowing with energy and felt like I was transported back to the 80s. We have always written songs that we ourselves like and never compromised on trends or conceded to wrong expectations, especially with this final album. We aren’t out to please everyone; we are our own brand and have our own sound, which includes odd meters, technically demanding passages, and unusual chord structures as well as interesting lyrics that deal with the dark side of humanity and the human psyche”, comments Sabina Classen.
Holy Moses are a household name within the international metal scene. Their multi-faceted thrash metal, front-woman Sabina Classen’s charismatic voice and their unique mix of traditional attitude and experimental evolvement have been instrumental in establishing the band as a well-known and reliable entity since the beginning of their career in the early 1980’s. With classics like “Finished With the Dogs” (1987), “The New Machine of Liechtenstein” (1989), “World Chaos” (1990) or “Terminal Terror” (1991), Holy Moses wrote metal history. “Invisible Queen” adds another, impressive and final chapter to it.
European Tour Dates 2023:
03. – 04.03.2023 ES – Murcia @ Espectros Festival XV
28. – 29.04.2023 DE – Kirchdorf @ No Playback Festival
19. – 20.05.2023 DE – Kirchdorf @ Bavarian Battle Open Air
20. – 21.05.2023 BE – Ostend @ Huginns Awakening Fest VII
26. – 28.05.2023 DE – Gelsenkirchen @ Rock Hard Festival
08. – 10.06.2023 CZ – Frýdek-Místek @ HellPdays Festival 2023
08. – 10.06.2023 DE – Büßfeld @ M:O:A – M.I.S.E. Open Air
15. – 18.06.2023 FR – Clisson @ Hellfest
05. – 09.07.2023 CZ – Trutnov @ Obscene Extreme Festival
13. – 15.07.2023 DE – Torgau / Entenfang @ In Flammen Open Air
25. – 29.07.2023 SLO – Tolmin @ Tolminator
02. – 05.08.2023 DE – Wacken @ Wacken Open Air
11. – 13.08.2023 BE – Kortrijk @ Alcatraz Festival
15. – 20.09.2023 DE – Kiel @ Full Metal Cruise X Part I
18.11.2023 DE – Zwickau, Club Seilerstraße
08. – 09.12.2023 NL – Eindhoven, Eindhoven Metal Meeting
16.12.2023 DE – Übach-Palenberg, Rockfabrik Club
Many other special farewell shows to be announced soon…